Motorcycle MOT Shrewsbury
Do you live in Shrewsbury and Love Your Motorbike? At MOTaTech we’ll love it too.
Here are some of the questions that MOTaTech are often asked about the Bike MOT:
- My MOT has run out, can I ride my bike to Motatech for the test?
Yes, you can as long as the MOT is booked for that day and it is insured.
- How soon can I book my MOT?
Up to 1 calendar month prior to expiry of the existing MOT, and this time can be added to the MOT preserving the expiry date.
- Do my lights on my bike need to be working to pass an MOT?
All lights need to be working. However, if you require a daytime running MOT in which case lights must be tapped over/removed. PLEASE NOTE A BIKE WITH DAYTIME MOT CANNOT BE USED IN BAD WEATHER – YOU NEED LIGHTS.
- Must I have a reflector fitted to the motorcycle?
YES, it must be fitted to the rear of the motorcycle in line the centre of the number plate.
- What about the number plate? What should the content and layout be?
The layout must include the first two letters and numbers on the first line and the last 3 letters on the second line. Also, the number plate must have the makers name and postcode on it. Too small or incorrectly laid out numbers plates will be a failure.
- Characters must be 79mm tall
- Characters (except the number 1 or letter I) must be 50mm wide
- The character stroke (the thickness of the black print) must be 14mm
- The space between characters must be 11mm
- The space between the age identifier and the random letters must be 33mm
- The margins at the top, bottom and side of the plate must be 11mm
- Vertical space between the age identifier and the random numbers must be 19mm
What is Checked in A motorbike MOT?
We Love Bikes at MOTaTech and are happy to do any work on your pride and joy that you may require and if it is a rebuild or a restoration well we love doing those too.
If you have any questions about our motorcycle services then please call MOTaTech on 01743 461001.